Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Mandie and the Cherokee Legend - Book 2 in the Mandie series

Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2)Mandie and the Cherokee Legend by Lois Gladys Leppard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first adventure into reading the Mandie series, and I wish it had been available when I was in my pre-teen years. I absolutely adore anything that references Native Americans, as I too have Cherokee blood running through my veins. Reading this at my current age, it didn't hold my attention quite so well as it would have had I been a younger reader, but the story line and the ultimate "moral to the story" was spot on and well written. It reminded me a bit of the Little House on the Prarie books, so it brought back a flood of fond memories. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone near the ages of 10-17.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment