Tuesday, October 3, 2017

In everything, yes EVERYTHING, give thanks!

We often get so caught up in ourselves, that we neglect to be grateful. God taught me a wonderful lesson this morning while, of all things, picking up doggie do-do out of the yard. As I, baggie in hand, was walking out to the "gift" my Honey girl had left for me this morning, I began to weep. Yes, sometimes her "gifts" can bring tears to one's eyes, but mine were tears of joy and gratitude. How can one be grateful for a pile of doggie poo? Let me tell you. First of all, I'm grateful that I'm healthy enough, and able to walk through the yard. I'm grateful for the warm weather and soft breeze. I'm grateful to have a yard. I'm grateful that I have dogs, and I'm grateful that my dogs are healthy enough to be able to go "poo". There are many, many other reasons to be grateful for such a seemingly distasteful task, but I think you get the gist. So no matter what you're doing, or going through, there's always, ALWAYS something to be grateful for. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJV) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

No comments:

Post a Comment