Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Before I Saw You by Amy K. Sorrells

Before I Saw YouBefore I Saw You by Amy K. Sorrells
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Few books have ever truly touched my soul like "Before I Saw You" has. As a child of adoption, this book stirred thoughts and emotions I thought I'd long ago dealt with. But after reading this book, I've at last been able to forgive my birth mother, and have come to understand what a truly incredible gift she gave me.
The characters in this book were completely believeable and totally relevant to today's society. My family has been deeply touched by the opioid epidemic, and have watched vital, purposeful lives become reduced to pure squallor. But thank God, I've also seen those lives turned around and made into something incredibly beautiful by the power of God's grace and mercy.
While a fictional story, this book shows the reality of what a life of poverty and drug abuse can do to an individual and their family. But it also shows the unconditional love, grace and mercy shown by our loving Heavenly Father, to anyone who would ask. Amy Sorrells has done an amazing job telling a story that few are brave enough to tackle. A must read!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment